Saturday, January 5, 2013

Sergio Aguero says he is happy at Manchester City despite personal heartache

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8381170/Sergio-Aguero-says-he-is-happy-at-Manchester-City-despite-personal-heartache


Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero says he remains happy at the club but admits the recent breakdown of his marriage has tested his focus.
The 24-year-old recently split with his wife of four years, Giannina Maradona, youngest daughter of Argentinian legend Diego and mother of the couple's son, Benjamin.
Giannina has since returned to their native Argentina with their son and Aguero admits he is finding the separation tough.
But the frontman, who signed at the Etihad Stadium from Atletico Madrid for a reported £34million in July 2011, says it is not affecting his performances for City and remains content at the Premier League club.
Aguero, who is sidelined with a hamstring injury for City's clash with Watford in the FA Cup, said: "It is hard for me because Ben is in Argentina and I'm here.
"I try so that it doesn't influence my performances, because I try to be a professional.
"I think that that is not affecting my performances, but let me tell you: it's hard to be far away from your son. It's impossible for me not to miss him.
"I have a good relationship with the City fans, I'm so happy here. But I'm trying to adapt myself to my new situation after my break-up."

No comments:

Post a Comment